Recipe: Snowy Chocolate Cupcakes
Delicious with a sweet loose tea: Snowy Chocolate Cupcakes!
We found the recipe for these delicious Snowy Chocolate Cupcakes on the Instagram page@ recipe.refashioned from food blogger Vanessa. This recipe was developed after a lot of trial and error, to ensure the most delicious outcome. Her secret tip is to add coffee to the batter. "By adding coffee to the chocolate cup cake batter, it brings out the true taste of chocolate."
You need the following ingredients to make the cupcakes:
– ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 cup of boiling hot coffee
– 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ½ cup unsalted room temperature butter
– 1 cup of granulated sugar
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 large eggs at room temperature
– 12 cupcake baking cups
This is what you need to make the icing:
– 1 can of condensed milk
– 80 g dark or semi-sweet chocolate
– 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC and lightly grease the 12 cupcake tins with butter.
- In a small bowl, stir the cocoa powder with the boiling hot coffee until smooth. Let it cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla extract and beat, on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until completely incorporated.
- Then add the flour mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Beat the batter until all the mixture is well blended.
- Fill all cupcake tins with the batter and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until risen, bouncy to the touch. You can use a toothpick to insert into a cupcake, if it comes out clean, then it's ready. Keep a close eye on the cupcakes while baking. Don't bake the cupcakes for too long, otherwise the cupcakes will be too dry.
- For the glazed top layer, melt the chocolate in a pan over medium heat while baking the cupcakes and add the condensed milk while stirring. Cook for 7-8 minutes until it thickens. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, cover them with the chocolate icing.
Finally, dust the cupcakes lightly with icing sugar for a snow effect and enjoy!
Tea that goes well with sweets like these Snowy Chocolate Cupcakes are fruit blends. For example:
Rooibos - Cranberry and Mandarin
This flavored blend of green rooibos tea and fruit is a real treat. The balanced combination of juicy sweet tangerines and fruity challenging cranberries is topped off with a hint of peppermint and chunks of melon.
Pineapple, Papaya and Mango
Get into a summer mood with this fruit tea with herbs, mango, papaya and pineapple. In this fruit blend you can taste the taste of fresh herbs and the sweet exotic character of pineapple, papaya and fruity mango.
View our entire selectionfruit blends here.