How to make matcha latte? Here is the best Matcha Latte recipe
Have you tried Matcha Latte and also fell in love with this delicious taste? Do you know that it's super easy to make Matcha Latte at home? Here is a simple and delicious Matcha Latte recipe. Follow our recipe and enjoy a nice hot cup of Matcha Latte every day!!
Is Matcha Latte healthy?
Matcha is in general a very healthy drink. The only thing you might need to be aware of is the sugar that you want in the drink. If you add honey instead of sugar, then there is nothing more you need to be concerned about!
Matcha is a green powder made by grinding young green tea leaves.
Matcha comes in many different qualities and grades. In general you can identify good Matcha by the color, the brighter and more intensely green the powder is, the better and more flavor the Matcha will have. When buying Matcha powder, making sure that no ingredients or other aids have been added. Order our different types of Matcha powder directly imported from Japan.
How to make Matcha Latte?
There is no set recipe for making a Matcha Latte. First thing first, you have to make a choice: Matcha Milk Latte vs. Matcha Soy Latte. The milk you choose has a direct influence on the taste. We prefer skimmed milk. You also need a sweetener to make a delicious Matcha Latte. Otherwise the Matcha Latte will taste very bitter. Maybe you like this, then you can skip this! Of course, you also need to choose which sweetener you add: sugar, honey, stevia ... We will go for honey!
Feel free to replace milk in soy milk and honey with another sweetener in the recipe. Most importantly, look for your favorite combination by experimenting!
You need this to make a delicious Matcha Latte:
– 2 tsp Matcha powder, we usually use Japan Matcha Kasumi Daily Pleasure
– 200 ml Skimmed milk
– 50 ml Water
– 1 tsp Honey, feel free to add more if you want a more sweet taste
1. Boil the water and then let it cool for 5 minutes.
2. Put the matcha powder in a bowl and add the cooled water. Beat the Matcha well with a Matcha Whisk. Now you have made the Matcha tea base, bravo!
3. In a saucepan, boil the milk. Then remove the pan from the heat and beat the milk well.
4. Let the milk rest for a minute. Then carefully pour the milk into the bowl of Matcha tea. Add some honey if necessary.
Voilà, your Matcha Latte is ready. Enjoy!
You can also bake deliciously with Matcha. We previously published this Recipe for making a Matcha cake.
Buy matcha tea?
Shop our high quality Matcha here. From beginner's favorite Hotaru to Matcha for ceremonial use: Matcha Megumi.